Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can one have two nappy bags?

The answer is yes, and the one is me! After procrastination and shopping in Australia, and deliberations over whether to buy a proper nappy bag or just a big normal stylish bag that could double as a nappy bag, I decided to wait for my return to the US. Jerry and I picked up a mustard, turquoise, brownish bag that I liked a lot at a Carter's sale on a visit to the Wrentham Outlets on our way back from my birthday weekend in Rhode Island. But then, on a visit to Northampton and my new fave shop there, Cedar Chest (hi Matt if you're reading this!), I came across another nappy bag that could not be refused, for $10...seriously. So...maybe I just match the nappy bag with the outfit? Mine, or the baby peach's? The $10 absolute bargain is the bag on the right:


Speaking of baby, the Nursery is slowly taking shape, just doing the final coat of paint this weekend. Then I can put the mirror back up, and ask Jerry ever so kindly to move the chest of drawers back to the garage so I can cover the top with foam and fabric, sand the front and sides and repaint. I am still considering covering the bottom two drawers with gift wrap, kind of like decoupaging them I guess but with just one piece of paper. Not sure, not sure. And I have fabric ready to go to make curtains out of. Here is what it looks like as of today. The walls are a Winter Calm Grey. Touch of purple, but we like it:


After selecting a very basic Brother sewing machine on Amazon for Jerry to buy for my birthday, he surprised me with something way better. He'd bought a 10-15 year old Singer from a man whose wife passed away. It is in its own little home/table and came with a lifetime supply of thread, bobbins etc. So soon I will sew my little heart out, well, the Nursery curtains at least, but I am already rechecking all my pins on Pinterest to see what else I can get stuck into soon. I think it will be cushions! Here is my new machine and some of the other gifts from my birthday this year:






Thanks Mariah for the handmade wire elephant for my ele-fant-e collection :)

Jerry worked hard on the downstairs bathroom in preparation for my parent's visit in October. Just need to fix an issue with the toilet, add a new window shade, a shower rod and curtain and perhaps re-lay the vinyl floor tiles, but the shower now works and the walls are a lovely slate grey (can you tell we like grey paint in this house?). Here is a quick shot of Jerry at work. Will post proper photos once it is complete!


Pretty crap photo actually, sorry!!

Finally we can mow our own grass! We have a lot actually, so a ride on mower was pretty essential. It arrived today and made a little tour around its new home. Yay for Callum being big enough to ride it, so now he can mow it!




OH, the only other thing I wanted to share was my completed thank you cards from the Australian baby shower. Pinterest is seriously changing my life, and so I sought its guidance when I decided to make my own cards. I was looking to make my own ink stamp as the ones in the stores are often not my cup of tea, and so I came across a small tutorial on how to make one from a rubber/eraser. So I carved out the image I was after (a bunny of course!), purchased a black ink pad and some scrap-booking paper in various pink shades. After some trial runs, I ended up with some super cute little notecards that I added grass and a "thank you" message to. I was very happy with the final result and seriously pondered the idea of making more and selling them in sets of 8-10. But I ponder a lot...




I'm leaving you this time with a pic of my lovely succulents - love these plants. So easy to grow and so cute. Cute, plants? Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment