Saturday, July 23, 2011

Almost time for the jet plane again...

So yes, my Australian visit is almost over. Four and a half weeks is a decent amount of time to have been here, but the end still does come around very quickly. I have had an, let's say, different than expected time here, but it has been wonderful and has reinforced how amazing my family is and how fabulous my friends are. I've had some pregnancy related medical issues treated here and to be honest, am grateful to have had my Mum and Dad right by me the whole time. How nice is it to have a cup of tea made for you and a blanket draped over you while you rest on the couch? I've managed to get my fix of Thai, Chinese, Turkish, Italian and of course, some fast food staples like Oporto and Kingsley's Chicken and I've shopped the Bonds and Cotton On Kids baby clothes like no tomorrow.

The baby shower was incredible and I have 3 angel friends to thank for it running so smoothly. Mum and I took on the food and drink, but the girls were amazing running the games, the presents, decorating, basically running the show. Of course, they did not forget my fave baby shower game - smell the "poo" (chocolate bars melted in the microwave, then squooshed into nappies/diapers) in the nappy game and figure out the chocolate bar (I had to be reminded of the only very small difference between a Mars bar and a Milky Way!). Here are some pics!



Yay for the baby poo game! We also played a very technical 'guess how big Melinda's belly is using a piece of ribbon', and a 'what is the name of the baby of this animal' game.



This is my oldest friend Chaylee concentrating hard to win the bottle of wine that came with being #1 at this game!

OH, and my garland. How did that turn out you ask. And the cupcakes??? Well, the garland I was happy with and it is packed ready for re-hanging in the nursery. The cupcakes? Well, no, not so happy. But they were cute and very tasty.




Here is a recap of what they shoulda, coulda looked like:


OH well. Here are some quick pics of how the cupcake toppers came to be:





The baby shower was a blast and I was incredibly spoiled with gifts. It was wonderful to receive the Australian made, owned and just Aussie themed items and I have so many clothes that this little girl is going to need multiple outfit changes a day, even if not due to spit-up or poo. Plus, Mum and I have been stocking up and Jerry and I had started a box of baby items long before we decided to try. So all this:


Is now 15kg in this:


The 'not-cat-people' out there may barf at this, but my cats have been super cute and sweet during the visit. They are the new Mouse Hunters though, and have caused my parents grief with the number of tiny little things they have brought into the house to show off. Today's mouse hunting adventure was dramatic. After snapping some shots of the two of them with their prey, the crows came in high numbers to try to get the mouse and take it for themselves. I'm kinda glad the birds won out, even though I am not sure whether the tiny mouse head I found on the grass that is still haunting me, was the leftovers from the cats or the birds....





Tuesday this week I am off to Sydney to have yumbo pie dinner at Baja Cantina with 2 of the angels plus my amazing friend Jess. Wednesday is Mary Poppins - yay!!!


Then, this will be me. Back to West Brookfield, where the husband awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment