Thursday, June 23, 2011

...on a jet plane..

Woo hoo! I am leaving for Australia today. A well needed vacation home, taking the baby bump to spend time with my parents, family and friends. The baby peach has been very active, although really only when in one of my fave positions, horizontal on the couch in front of the TV! I can even watch the show the little girl is putting on, as my stomach leaps up as I am resting the book I am desperately trying to finish. I am reading "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson. It has been excellent reading and I have the third book ready and waiting. Must check to see if my Dad has read them. So yes, on the plane soon for the long, but worth it trip. I have two bags.....one is meant to be empty so I can bring back my baby shower goodies, but it is actually filled with gifts for people. I'll see how I go wrangling the two on my own. Will play the pregnancy card at some point I am sure!

So what have I been up to this week? Not much. A lot of reading and napping. I tell you, I must need the nap if I am taking one right? I am 24 weeks now and definitely playing the pregnancy card with this one! I have almost finished laminating the inside of the cupboards in the kitchen, and if I wasn't so darn wary of painting whilst pregnant, the insides would be all coated in black as well. It is really paining my eyes to not have painted any of the rooms in this house, bar Kirah's which Jerry did in a flash before we moved in. Perhaps lucky he is away at the moment, otherwise his spare time might just be consumed with paint and rollers. Love you baba! In the meantime I have pasted some colour ideas onto our wall and the Nursery wall for (long) consideration, although am sure Jerry will make a super quick, un-procrastinated decision, unlike I.

Anyway, here are some pics of the cupboards. For some, the laminate came up very easily, but for others, the annoying happened. This:


I have been removing the laminate by hand, and although I do have an exacto knife (Is this what they are called here? Like a Stanley knife...), I find it quicker, and grottier, to just use my fingernails. So imagine this, with all of the extra wood bits covered with black, and perhaps white on the interior walls of the cupboards so I can see in them without a torch/flashlight:


In re-laminating, I did empty out that skinny cupboard I mentioned previously. I found a bunch of baking trays that were black beyond repair so they went straight in the bin, along with some plastic serving trays that I could live without. But I did come across these two gems. A very nice, almost snakeskin inspired cookie tray and a pig chopping board that I am considering spraying white and hanging on a wall for decoration, maybe...



And also came across these cleaning products from some time ago...


Oh, and for someone used to seeing Magpies and the occasional Kookaburra, this Hawk that hung with us for a good 20 minutes was a treat. Except for knowing that he is probably after the snake that apparently lives in my backyard. Take him for dinner! Ok, time to go and get ready for my trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment